Come and join us
Whether you are looking to socialize with new people or just hit the trails, we hope that you will enjoy being a part of one of the oldest and most respected 4×4 clubs in the country. Membership can be obtained by filling out an application and submitting it to the club with the membership fee. You can obtain an application form by downloading and printing the PDF file below.
Fees are as follows:
- $70 for the first year.
- $60 renewal (Note: a new application must be filled out each year)
- $40 newsletter subscription for non-members.
Payment can be in cash or cheque. Application can be mailed to the club address (located at the bottom of the application and on the homepage of this website) or brought to any meeting or event. We hope to see you soon!
Payment can also now be made via Paypal. To purchase a membership, please visit Membership
Welcome to the club!
There are a few things that should be clairified first regarding basic conduct and equipment needs.
- All trail rides, without exception are alcohol-free events. There is zero tolorence for ANY drinking on or before any trail use.
- Secure tow points on the front and rear of the vehicle are a must. They have to be secure enough to provide an anchor point to pull the vehicle out of a tight spot.
- Vehicles should have at minimum, 4WD and a low range transfercase combined with adequate clearance to drive over a road side curb easily.
- As for tires….
- Aggressive tread is a must. An all terrain tire designed for off road use will get you a lot further. Street only tires do not provide enough traction to make off roading fun at all.
- Size doesn’t matter. A recomended minimum is 31” but club members have run trails successfully with 29-30” tires as well. On most moderate trails however, 31” is the minimum.
- As a general guideline, the larger and more aggresive tread tire you have, the more clearance and potential you will have to get through the dificult areas. That said, experience and driver ability will be a factor as well and can make up for smaller and less aggressive tread patterns.
- A 20-30′ recovery strap with loops on both ends (Note: NO METAL HOOKS) is recommended. Generally, if you get stuck, we can get you out, but it’s your responsibility to hook up your end of the strap to your truck. If you have your own strap, this is much easier and quicker.
- Membership is not required if you are not sure about joining and want to come to a trail ride on a trial basis. There is a $20 fee (non-refundable) which will be discounted from your membership cost, should you choose to join. After the first “trial run” though, joining the club is expected if you wish to come on other trail rides.
- Cost for membership includes all trail rides, meetings and a monthly newsletter. Commercial discounts are available through the club as well. Talk to us for details.
- Members will also soon be given logon access to more in depth web content including trail reports, pictures and trail maps. Details will be given when the new content is available.
- Some social meetings and/or special events may have additional costs involved. See event pages for details.